Monday, June 21, 2010

The Final Chapter


Photo by Glen Abog Photography

Well, that sounds a little extreme, no? What I mean is this is the last post about the wedding dessert table, then it is on to new and exciting adventures.

The fourth and final dessert on the table was sort of a re-do of the lime tarts I made for the bride's bridal shower. I used Dorie Greenspan's sweet shortbread tart crust instead of the macadamia nut crust I had used previously. I needed a more sturdy, leak-proof vessel for the filling, and these worked wonderfully.

After weeks of planning, and stressful days and long nights spent baking, I can't tell you how relieved I was when all 700 or so desserts were plated, packaged, and delivered.

I think I yelled "someone get me a glass of wine", which may not have been appropriate since we were on our way to the church for the rehearsal dinner, but I digress.

Would I do this again? Absolutely, as long as I am not in the wedding. It was a blast, and a huge learning experience. The excitement that it gave the guests at the end of the evening was priceless, and absolutely worth the sleepless week leading up to the big day.

So congratulations to Rebecca and Michael on a beautiful wedding, and here is to a wonderful life together. I hope I am still baking desserts for you two on your 50th wedding anniversary.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I think you have surpassed me in the baking division...so proud of you. I'm making CAKE POPS for the 4th of July in red, white & blue - wish me luck!
Moms

Michele said...

GORGEOUS!! Everything is so beautiful. You have inspired me and I will completely step up my game for the next family wedding.

Bria said...

Mom- That will probably never happen. You are still the queen of the kitchen :-)

Michele, Thanks for the kind words, always glad to spread some inspiration!

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails