Thursday, February 26, 2015

Cake-a-palooza Day 4


Well, I made it three days before I gave up on daily cake posts. I give props to all those bloggers out there who have time to post daily, or even once a week! I can barely throw a post up once every few months, but like I said, I am trying to make up for lost time!


Up next, another petite wedding cake, this time in mint green with frilly white ruffles. I kind of thought the cupcake trend was on the down-spiral, but it seems that I was wrong. As I am getting more involved at the bakery with wedding consultations, I am finding that cupcake-mania is still alive and kicking. The reason is this: cost effectiveness. Brides are seeing that a three dollar cupcake per guest is cheaper than a wedding cake at five dollars (minimum) per guest, and opting to save some money. However, they are still wanting that photo-op of cutting their cake, the beautifully displayed creation, perfectly matching their decor and theme. Enter: the petite wedding cake.

A miniature version of the show-stopper, perfectly sized to cut and share with the wedding party, or save for the first anniversary. This particular one is a little more on the modern-but-romantic side, with a mint green background, and a delicate white gardenia.


Two more cakes to come, so stay tuned!

**This cake designed and made by Bria Helgerson for Sugar Fixe Patisserie**

No comments:

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails